Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I've been a slacker, I know....

Well, happy (belated) holidays and happy new year and all that jazz....  I'll just put it out there and not make excuses:  around the holidays (and, coincidentally, my girls' birthdays), my family and crafting for said holidays/birthdays take precedence over blogging.  I'm sorry.

(from left to right, top to bottom)  A fabric covered, appliqued notebook
that Moo made for me; a Hello Kitty painting that Moo made for Rye;
A Snoopy painting that Moo made for O; Christmas cookie baking!;
an ornament the Rye made for me; bird ornaments that O made for the girls-
he also made one for me and his dad... check him out with his new ukelele!;
a painting the Rye made for Moo; a painting the Rye made for O; and, last but not least,
CHRISTMAS MUMMIES!  ....I know, my kids are strange ones.


I have big plans for 2013!  I don't normally "do" the whole New Year's resolution thing because, let's face it, most of us suck at it...  This year I have decided to simply be a better me.  While there are a few specific goals that fit within my overall big change, I figure that focusing on changing everything that I'm not happy with about myself/my life will be easier in the end than making one minor change that I may or may not stick with.

This might not make sense to anyone but me, and you know what?  That doesn't matter.  Doing it this way, I have to focus on every aspect of my life.  Its not just about eating healthier or exercising, its about improving myself- inside and out.  My physical health, my mental health, my relationships with my kids and my husband, the cleanliness of my house, getting my creative energies flowing again (which has a lot to do with my mental health), etc.

I feel that I've been making excellent progress overall...  I'm using myfitnesspal.com to count my calories as well as making a point of getting off my butt and cleaning things up around here (which helps to burn calories - bonus!).  I'm currently down 5 lbs since Jan. 1st!  I've been trying to crack down on the kiddos about getting their clothes and back packs ready for school the night before, which has significantly lightened the overall moods in or house in the mornings.  I've also started journaling again which, for me, usually -well, used to- include lots of sketching and doodling....  I plan to get back to that soon, too.

What about you?  Do you have any permanent changes that you're working on at the moment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment