Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'm making a little progress...

...but I'm still not feeling all that motivated.  I think it's our crappy Chicagoland December weather.  I just want some darn snow!  All of this rain is definitely not putting me in the holiday spirit.  Misbehaving children aren't helping my mood either.

Anyhow, I *have* managed to finish a total of five pairs of slippers over the past few days.  Annnnnnd I came up with two of the patterns myself (well, technically one but they're two very different sizes)!  I was going to take pictures and put together a document so I could share it with you all (and here I'm assuming *someone* actually reads my ramblings), but as I said, the weather sucks.  Which means no natural light.  Which means crappy pictures.  Well, I'm impatient, so here's the pattern for my Super Simple Toddler Slippers...  without the pictures.  When I do manage to get pictures, there won't be any of them on feet until after Christmas...  unless I pull another stealth mission while my son sleeping, like I did to try them on him after I'd finished knitting them.

If you try out this pattern, please let me know what you think of it...  and don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kassy!! I'll bet you are really wishing for snow right about now. I can't hardly stand this Illinois heat!! I am in the process of making my grandchildren house slippers. I am curious as to what the shoe size for your toddler was. I have a grandson that wears a size 6 1/2 - 7 shoe, but I am not sure how many inches that is.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laura! I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner... My son wears a toddler size 9 now, so he was probably about a 7 around Christmas. The slippers end up having a lot of stretch to them, and they can very easily be sized up or down just by adding or removing a few stitches or rows. Hope this helped!

    ~Kassy

    ReplyDelete