Thursday, December 8, 2011

My crafting motivation is beginning to dwindle.....

...and I still have TONS to do before Christmas.  I was doing really well for a few weeks there, too.  I *am* making progress, just not as much as I'd like to be making.

-I finished the slippers for Rye, but when I did Moo's, they came out waaaay too small.  Which is fine, I suppose, since my cousin's daughter's birthday is coming up and it looks like they'll fit her perfectly.  But now I have one more pair to do.

-I finished sewing O's beanbag chair, but I can't find ANY filling for it.  All of the craft stores in my area appear to be out of both styrofoam "beans" and shredded foam.  

-I finally found a robe pattern that I'm happy with and picked up fleece for each of the kids.

-I started a crocheted rag rug for the girls' room using a re-purposed bed sheet and a doily pattern, but it's coming out too small- I think I'm going to try to find an actual rag rug pattern and just deal with the fact that it's not a flower like I want it to be.

-I have 5 of (at least) 8 of the projects I'm doing for family members, and I'm beginning to realize that I'm putting too much time and detail into some of them.  But that's just who I am, and it's so hard to leave it out!

So, I think to help ease my crafting exhaustion I'm going to put on another pot of coffee, put on a movie and just push on through.  I'll get over it and force myself to finish.....................  even if that means staying up until 5 a.m. Christmas morning putting on the final details.

How do you motivate yourself to get moving?  Please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment