Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Apparently, I can't write while I'm listening to music that I love...

....because I want to start writing the lyrics!  So, rather than a post about my menu planner, you're going to get Regina Spektor lyrics instead.  That's cool, right?

No, I'm kidding....  but if you really want to sing along, here's the playlist I'm listening to:


Anyway, earlier tonight I realized that I didn't take any meat or anything out for dinner....  after posting this dilemma on Facebook ("Hmm...What to make for dinner tonight....?"), I got a few suggestions from some friends and a comment from my mom, "What's on your menu board?!?!?"

Oops.  

So, I went to my kitchen and grabbed it.  I filled out what we ate last night and went to work at filling it out for the rest of the week.  (Thanks for keeping me on track, Mom!)

Here's what it is: 
  • a 8 1/2" x 11" picture frame from the dollar store
  • a dry-erase marker
  • a piece of paper to fit your frame with the days of the week printed on it (I cut some scrapbook paper to fit and avoided using color ink that way)
  • some ribbon or string to hang the marker from the frame and to hang the frame if you like - I used hemp for mine
  • staples to secure the string for the marker to the frame
I think you can figure it out from there.  It literally took about five minutes in all.  Here's how you do it:
  1. Cut the paper to fit your frame and print the days of the week on it.
  2. Take the back off of the frame and clean the glass on the inside.  Let it dry.
  3. Fit the paper into the frame and put the back on the frame.
  4. Cut your ribbon or string to the desired length and tie it around the cap of the dry-erase marker (you can glue it if you please)
  5. CAREFULLY staple the other end of the ribbon or string to the *back of the upper right corner* of the frame
  6. You could be done now if you wanted to be, or you could tie a loop of ribbon or string to the back of the frame ( I just tied mine to the little metal hangie thing that was already on the frame)
  7. Hang it up in you kitchen or dining room
  8. Write your menu on it!
I totally made that more steps than it needed to be just to make it look like it was more work than it really was.

This is what mine looks like...
...but I made four or five inserts because I have decorating ADD.

I'm going to try to put together a few different styles of meal planners to share with you, my readers.  Hopefully I'll have them up in the next couple of days...  If I don't, please bug me about them 'cause I probably just spaced it out due to the chaos that comes with motherhood.  

1 comment:

  1. Um, based on tomorrow night's dinner, I'll be over then instead of tonight!!! : ) Not that I don't like split pea soup - you know I do - but I've been craving steak and a baked potato lately!!! Oh, well (sigh). I'll cook them for myself at home.

    ReplyDelete