Monday, March 5, 2012

One of my family's go-to meals...

TUNA CASSEROLE!  Nom.  I don't remember where I found the original recipe that I based it off of, but over time I've made enough changes to make it my own...

My Favorite Tuna Casserole

  • two boxes of Annie's Organic Shells and Real Aged Cheddar
  • one can of cream of mushroom soup
  • two cans of tuna in water
  • two cans of mushrooms
  • one can of sweet peas
  • about a cup of shredded sharp cheddar (I like Cabot's white cheddar)
  • about a cup or so of crushed butter crackers

Preheat oven to 350*.  Make shells according to package instructions.  While pasta is cooking, drain cans into a strainer then when the pasta is done, strain it over the other ingredients (this helps to heat stuff up a little so it won't take as long to bake).  Make both packets of cheese sauce according to package instructions (use the instructions that *include* BUTTER).  Stir the cream of mushroom soup into the cheese sauce, then when it's all creamy and yummy looking, mix in all of your other ingredients that are waiting in the strainer.  Then stir in about 3/4 cups of cheese.  Transfer it all into a 9x13 baking dish, top with the rest of the cheese and sprinkle with the cracker crumbs.  Bake at 350* for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it's golden and bubbly.

Rye gives her approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment