Saturday, May 18, 2013

Attempting to organize my home, my family and my life...

...well, I've been putting off this post for awhile...  Back in January, my New Year's resolution was a general "being a better me."  Overall, I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made.  However, I understand that life continues to change and I will continue to grow.

My health goals aren't quite what I had hoped for.  I haven't been doing cardio like I should, but I did lose those 11 lbs. since January, and I've only gained 1 lb. back...  so, not too bad, I guess.  Plus, yoga has become a part of my lifestyle at this point, which is ahhhmazing.  I love it!

Anyhoo, this post is supposed to be about organizing.  I've found a few ladies on YouTube who give great organizing tips...  there's Malitose79 (who also has her new channel, Organized Clutterbug), The Green Apple HomeDo It On a DimeAt Home With NikkiMridu Parikh and my current favorite, Home Organizing.  Lots of these ladies have blogs/websites to accompany their organizing channels (http://clutterbug.me/ is Malitose79's site, which has lots of great printables that I'd like to try out).

I just signed up for Alejandra's (from Home Organizing) "FREE 7-day 'Get Organized' Video Series" from her site alejandra.tv (look on the upper right side of the "start here" page).  When you sign up, you get a free video with an organizing tip every day for 7 days...  I watched the first one today, I'll do the "homework" today and will be sharing more on it soon.  My plan is to do a post for each of the videos...  I figure this might help to hold me accountable.  ::fingers crossed::

I've already gotten a lot of work done organizing the home with the tips that all of these ladies have shared...  I keep forgetting to take before pictures, but there will be a post soon with the current state of my kids' rooms in the very near future (I don't know that I would have wanted to show you the "before" pics, they were sooo bad!!!).

Check out these ladies' videos and sites and let me know what you think!

How do you control the chaos and clutter in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment