Monday, April 23, 2012

It's getting hot in here...

...yeah, that's right.  I just referenced Nelly (I think), what of it?  No really, it *is* getting hot - as in spicy!  (...is my nerd showing again?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buffalo Sauce
printable version of this recipe (with photo)
printable version of this recipe (without photo)

1 stick of unsalted butter
1 c Frank's hot sauce
1-2 Tbs white vinegar

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, being careful not to brown it.  Add hot sauce and vinegar.  Whisk until it looks smooth and creamy.  Yum.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We made buffalo chicken pizza since I had some leftover chicken that we had roasted the night before.  As much as I looove the buffalo chicken pizza from our local pizza place, I think I loved my homemade version even more.  Plus, I know *exactly* what's in it when it comes from my kitchen, which puts my mind at ease (especially if the kids are eating it too).



If you like amazing pizza crust (really, who doesn't?), I very highly suggest that you try this recipe for whole wheat pizza crust (my only change was adding honey instead of sugar).  It's our family's favorite.  I searched for the longest time for a good pizza dough recipe and when I found this one, I quit.  It's seriously delicious.  Seriously.

This buffalo sauce is also great for buffalo chicken pasta!  

No comments:

Post a Comment