Friday, April 20, 2012

....I've got some catching up to do...

Yikes, have I been slacking!  I still haven't posted about Easter weekend!  Well, I'm not going to get into what kind of candy the kids got and whatnot, but I *will* share a bit about how we spent the Saturday before Easter because it was just too much fun to *not* tell you about it!

We started off the day meeting up with my cousin and his family at a GIGANTIC Easter egg hunt.  It was pure craziness.

O and Moo
(unfortunately, Rye was at her dad's house
and didn't get to join in our fun...
I'm sure they did their own thing there)

Look at all of those eggs!!!

Look at all of those people!!!  
...and that was just the people
on the other side of the football field,
there were just as many on our side!

And off they go!

O's got some loot!

More candy!

They even had a petting zoo there....
I'll let you guess what my favorite animal was
(keep in mind I'm a knitter and crocheter)!

I LOVE SHEEEEEP!!!

...and a cute little goat.

The bunnies were sweet.
O really liked them.

Afterward, we headed over to my cousin's house and hung out for a bit...  Most of the day was spent feeding and chasing their chickens.  I was amazed at how well behaved *all* the kids and the chickens were!  

O and Moo feeding the chickens some leftovers.

Look at her pretty coloring.

O says he thought they would try to eat him!

They have an old willow tree they like to eat the bugs from.

My cousin's daughter and Moo with the chickens.

My cousin showing the kids how to feed the chickens.
The little bag on top of the coop is a calcium supplement-
Chickens need their vitamins, too!

My cousin made the coop...
I informed him that he'll be doing
some building for us when we have
our own piece of land someday.

Fresh eggs!

Moo showing off the eggs that were laid that morning.

Lunch!
These were by far the best eggs I've *ever* eaten.
Yum.

 
More calcium for the chickens...
who knew they like to eat their eggshells?

My cousin's daughter and O playing.








   
My cousin's son- 
I told him to smile and say cheese...
This is what he gave me, haha.

Last year, they had a phenomenal garden, which they're getting going again this year...

Potatoes

Strawberries

Garlic

Ducks visiting their koi pond.

We had such a good time hanging out there!  Plus, my cousin gave me a whole bunch a plants to bring home!  (I'll have to show those off in a future post)

No comments:

Post a Comment