Tuesday, April 9, 2013

This week's menu and admitting a fault...

Sorry I'm late...  I've been a bit busy.  I'm actually even busy now, but I had a minute to walk away from the soup that's simmering and write a bit...

(continue reading after the jump)



So, the first piece of business:


...this week's menu...
Monday: buffalo chicken pasta



Thursday: leftovers

Friday: pizza night

Saturday: go out (?)

Sunday: sloppy lentils (leftovers from the freezer...  not my favorite recipe), burgers and oven fries

...I don't have anything extra on my list aside from the usual granola and bread, but that doesn't mean that more baking/cooking won't happen.

Soup is done.  And it's awesome.

Onto the second order of business.....

My family is a bunch of freaking pack rats.  All of us.  Okay, maybe not so much my husband...  and well, the kids learned from me, I'm sure.  So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a freaking pack rat.

Now, let's be honest, I've known this for years...  I've finally decided that i'm sick of it.  

The first step to fixing your problem is admitting that you've got one, right?  There have been a few signs that it's time to purge some of our excess stuff:
  • the house doesn't stay clean, no matter how hard I work/make the kids clean up their crap
  • we have more dishes than we use
  • I have art supplies that "I'll use *someday*" that have been sitting around untouched for YEARS
  • there are definitely more, but I don't feel like listing everything here...
My husband's cousin even came over the other night and, when he saw my craft space said, "Holy crap!  It looks like an episode of 'Hoarders'!!!  .........just kidding."  Sure you were.  Jerk.  (kidding)  But seriously, I get it.  It kind of does.

My solution:  Freak the eff out on my whole disorganized mess of a house.  


More on this to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment