Monday, April 1, 2013

This week's menu...

Before I start babbling about food and such...  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful husband!!!  I love yoooouuuu!!!!

Now, back to business (sort of)...  I'm feeling like my blog has turned into a recipe blog.  Which is fine, recipes are good (of course) ...  I'm just feeling like I need to get back to some of my crafty posts.  Eh, hopefully soon.

Easter went really well.  I made my first leg of lamb, which came out wonderfully!!!!  It was a little heavy on the mint pesto, but the meat was cooked absolutely perfectly.  So yummy.  We also did an Easter egg hunt in our backyard with some family...

...my kids are oddballs...

So, anyway...  I didn't get nearly as much spring cleaning done over the kids' spring break as I had hoped to, but I'm thinking that's okay since I'll probably get more with them out of the house anyway.  Since I have "scrub out the fridge/freezer" and "organize the pantry" on my to-do list, and a very limited grocery budget for the week (still thanks to car repairs), I'm going to try to get creative and make due with what we have.  Which leads to...

...this week's menu...
Monday- leftovers from Easter 

Tuesday- soup (from the freezer) and spinach (which we pretty much always have on hand) salad

Wednesday- tuna tomato pasta and frozen peas

Thursday- ???  (I'll toss something together...  we'll see what I come up with)

Friday- pizza night

Saturday- tilapia with corn/potato mash (from my "Jamie Oliver 20 Minute Meals" app, but you can Google it and use any link...  it's so basic that they're all pretty much the same ) and minted peas

Sunday- leftovers

...other things I'd like to make...

I *will* be making granola of some sort...  I'm not sure which recipe to go with, but I'll probably post something about it and let y'all know (whydidIjustsaythatImnotsouthern)...  

Bread.  I'm sure you know which recipe I'm linking to here (if you've ever read one of my menu-planning posts, that is).

Something sweet to snack on...  I know I'm being vague this week, but I'm exhausted after Easter...


...speaking of exhaustion, I have about an hour until the kids get home from school.  ::yawn::  I think I'm going to relax for a bit...

What's on your menu this week?

What kind of "pantry staples" do you always have on hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment