Saturday, October 5, 2013

Blame it on Ariel...

Tonight the kids and I spent some time deep-cleaning the living room while listening to the "Disney (children's)" station on pandora...  While clearing the clutter off of the dresser that we use as a TV stand and listening to Ariel belt out, "I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty, I've got whozits and whatzits galore.  You want thingamabobs?  I've got twenty!  But who cares?  No big deal, I want mooooore," I got to thinking....  

"The Little Mermaid" came out when I was six.  It was the first Disney movie that I ever saw in the theater, so it was a BIG deal to me.  I remember it *very* clearly.  I *loved* it.  Ariel was a smart girl who wasn't afraid to speak her mind and stand up for what she believed in.

And she was a freaking hoarder.

...no wonder I have such a hard time giving up things that I love, Ariel taught me that it's okay to keep crap that means nothing to me.  And that it's okay to want MORE.  


Even a dinglehopper.

...Seriously now, though...  With five people living here, we've accumulated an awful lot of "stuff."  Purging sucks, but it's necessary.  I've gotten a lot better at deciding what to get rid of, now I just need to get it out of the house.  

We have multiple "Goodwill baskets/bins" -a laundry basket sitting in the dining room, a fabric bin in the girls' closet and a large, plastic bin in my husband's and my room.  They're all full, which is great, but they've all been full for awhile.  So, my goal for tonight: sort what goes to Goodwill, what goes to my cousin's daughter and what goes to my husband's cousin's son.  My goal for tomorrow morning: take that s#!+ to Goodwill/schedule when to get stuff to the cousins' houses.

Do you have a hard time following through with plans that you've made with yourself?
Don't forget to check out my giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Ariel totally was a hoarder!! I will never be able to look at her the same way when I see that movie :)

    ReplyDelete