Friday, March 15, 2013

...for a job well done...

...Er, well, for one that's *done*, at least...

A few months back, I took some inspiration from Pinterest and had the kids make their own flip-up chore charts...  six chores each, nothing they can't handle.  I honestly don't remember if I posted about them or not...  and I can't find the pin that inspired it.  I just don't have time, as I'm writing this, doing dishes, making dinner and yelling at encouraging the kids to do their chores....

Anyhoo, the charts worked really well for awhile, and they still kind of do occasionally, but the girls have started asking for an allowance.  My husband jokingly said that we should pay them in pennies...  So this is what I decided to do:




Everybody has an assigned color, marked with a ribbon.  For each job they complete, they earn a penny.  Simple as that. 

....We're expecting a worker's strike once they realize how low their wages are, at which point we'll increase their pay to a nickle per job.  That's a pretty awesome raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment