Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What my family will be putting in our face-holes this week...

Sorry I'm a little late this week...  it's not as though it matters, though...  we had leftovers last night (wooooo, exciting...)

So, this week's menu:

Monday- Leftovers!  ....last week involved a lot of cooking and a lot of going out...  we had some catching up to do.

Tuesday- Leftovers!  ...correction, we *have* some catching up to do...  But I'm okay with more corned beef and cabbage tonight.

Wednesday- Ratatouille.  I flipping love this stuff.  (you can find my recipe for it here)

Thursday- Soup and salad. I'm being generic here because we have a whole bunch of soup that I've made and frozen taking up space in the freezer...  which reminds me, I should probably can some stock sometime soon...  anyway...

Friday- Pizza night, of course.

Saturday- Oven roasted chicken, roasted brussles sprouts and sriracha aioli (I'll be tossing some broccoli in there, too) and pineapple bread pudding for dessert (Gramma's recipe, known as scalloped pineapple in our family)

Sunday- leftovers....  I'm just assuming that we'll have a bunch of leftovers again, if not, there's always the soup in the freezer.

...other things I'd like to make this week...

Yeah, it's all carried over from last week...  I didn't make a darn thing from last week's list, but that's okay...

...'cause I made soda bread

This is one of those things that I've been wanting to make for something-like-nine-years... I'm so happy that I finally thought of it at an appropriate time (like, not at 1 a.m. when I can't fall asleep).  I subbed poppy seeds for caraway seeds and I used a bag of multi-colored raisins instead of regular ones (yuck, I can't stand "normal" raisins) or currants.  This stuff was awesome.  I *will* be making it again.

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment