Sunday, March 24, 2013

This week's menu... and happy Easter!!!


Ugh.  ::yawn::  ...It's been a long, crazy week...  but tomorrow brings a new one...  and spring break.  I get a week with my kids, which is going to be awesome, right?  (Hey, I'm trying to have a good attitude  here)

I've tried to prepare myself the best I can for spring break by making lots of plans....  play dates, a birthday party, a sleepover with Kitty Gramma, maybe a few activities that I've pinnedEaster stuff and a big, long spring cleaning list that I've put together thanks to my new favorite app, Google Keep.  Hopefully this keeps us all nice and busy so the kids are too exhausted to give me much attitude over break.  ::fingers crossed::

Anyway...


this week's menu:
Monday- buffalo chicken pasta

Tuesday- tofu mushroom stroganoff over whole wheat penne

Wednesday- chicken fingers and oven fries

Thursday- leftovers

Friday- pizza night

Saturday- penne with rose sauce

Easter Sunday- lamb and stuff...  we'll be trying rabbit (that my friend's husband hunted) for the first time as well.  The kids find it both horrifying and entertaining that we'll be eating Easter rabbit.

...other things I'd like to make...


More coconut quinoa granola...  yes, I finally got around to making some and it's flipping fantastic.  So good that we're almost out and the kids are panicking.  So I guess I'll have to make more.

Bread, which has become at least a weekly thing here.  It's so much better than that soft store-bought crap.

Soda bread...  well, sort of.  It was sooooo good when I made it for St. Paddy's day, especially when I had some for breakfast with some peanut butter on it.  O. M. G.  So, my plan is to make the recipe how I did before, subbing poppy seeds for caraway seeds, but I want to add in some sunflower seeds and maybe some walnuts.  Then, I'll portion it into breakfast rolls!  Yummy!  I can't wait to have these made!!!

Chicken stock, which is already made....  and will be canned tomorrow ::knocks on wood::

I'd still like to make the horchata and creme caramel, but I've already got so much planned that....  well, we'll see.

Happy Easter if I don't "see" you again before then!!!

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment